To fully immerse yourself in an exciting gaming experience, it will not be enough to rely on ultra-expensive PC monitors , with extraordinary resolutions and frequencies!
In fact you will need a pair of good quality gaming headphones that allow you to become one with the character you are playing in videogames. Acoustic involvement in a gaming session is equally important to the damn realistic graphic details of video games.
Suffice it to say that, with good gaming headphones , , you will be able to sense the direction from which the enemies are coming even without having to turn around with an incredible sensory involvement!
Inevitably, however, the world of audio peripherals we are talking about is extremely competitive and there are an infinity of different products.
If you feel confused, I understand you, but don’t worry!
The BEST VELA team is here for you, ready to clarify all your doubts about it!
Are you ready to find out which are the Best Headphones For Gaming currently on the market?
First, however, let’s take a step back and analyze in more detail what are the features that can enrich this particular type of peripherals and let’s find out together how to choose the Best Headphones For Gaming .
Best Headphones For Gaming
Table of Contents
Best Headphones For Gaming | Comparison Table 2023
|Razer BlackShark V2 Gaming Headset: THX 7.1 Spatial Surround Sound - 50mm Drivers - Detachable Mic - PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile - 3.5 mm Audio Jack & USB DAC - Black||Razer||Check Price|
|Logitech G733 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Headset with Suspension Headband, Lightsync RGB, Blue VO!CE mic technology and PRO-G audio drivers - Black||Logitech G||Check Price|
|Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, for PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury White||Razer||Check Price|
|HyperX Cloud II - Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround Sound, Memory Foam Ear Pads, Durable Aluminum Frame, Detachable Microphone, Works with PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One – Gun Metal||HyperX||Check Price|
|Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2 Gaming Headset — Comfortable Noise Cancelling Headphones Black||Bose||Check Price|
|Razer Kraken Tournament Edition THX 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: Retractable Noise Cancelling Mic - USB DAC - For PC||Razer||Check Price|
|SteelSeries Arctis 5 - RGB Illuminated Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone: X v2.0 Surround - for PC and PlayStation 4 - Black||SteelSeries||Check Price|
|ZIUMIER Z30 White Gaming Headset for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, PC, Wired Over-Ear Headphone with Noise Isolation Microphone, RGB Flowing LED Light, Bass Surround Sound||ZIUMIER||Check Price|
|JBL Quantum 100 - Wired Over-Ear Gaming Headphones - Black||JBL||Check Price|
Best Headphones For Gaming | 2023 Products Overview
Also Read: Best Cheapest 4K Projectors
Error: Unknown Link Type
Also Read: Best Wireless Soundbars Under 150
Also Read: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $1000
Also Read: Best Stereo Amplifier Under $1000
Error: Unknown Link Type
Error: Unknown Link Type
Also Read: Best Electric Skateboard Under $500
Best Headphones For Gaming | 2023 Guide
The best professional gaming headphones
In order to choose the right model of gaming headphones , you must take into account some parameters that can affect the choice and they are:
- Brand : Obviously the brand has its importance even if it is not a main feature that can affect your purchase, but there are some better than others that guarantee product reliability, long-lasting guarantee in case of problems and certainly a well-structured audio being a quality product.
- Comfort : Comfort can be considered as one of those parameters for which a certain model is chosen. This factor is mainly related to the material with which the headphones are made, the level of padding and its coating. Weight is also critical because heavy headphones can make the gaming experience more difficult.
- Pavilions : Pavilions are also a parameter to be carefully evaluated and are closely linked to the comfort factor. There are various sizes and types and there are models that allow you to loosen the pressure of the pavilions on the ears making them more comfortable to wear. And then equipped with advanced technology such as those produced by Razer which are equipped with cooling padding.
- Microphone : In order to play often you also need the microphone especially if you play in multiplayer. Among the models there are those that have additional configurations for voice recording, for example if you are recording the game on Twitch and they can be omnidirectional or unidirectional. The latter allows you to remove environmental disturbances and improve audio quality. Then there are fixed models and some retractable so as to be stored when you do not need to use them.
- Driver : When we talk about drivers we are talking about the audio quality of the product and the result between the power and its volume. Good headphones can reproduce both highs and lows well, especially ideal for shooters where even the smallest noise has to be picked up. Among the values to consider when buying headphones is certainly the frequency response and impedance. You will always have to focus on headphones that have a higher frequency response (measured in MHz, Hz) and lower impedance (measured in Ohm or Ω) which indicates the power required to move the drivers.
How to choose a gaming headset?
As we have already anticipated before moving on to the actual buying guide , we need to keep an eye on what are the technical specifications that differentiate this type of items in order to understand which is the most suitable for us.
The “headphones” speech has never been easy.
In fact, these are gaming peripherals which, in line with what happens with the gaming mouse and gaming keyboard we have already talked about, in which habit, inclination and personal preferences as well as even ear shape and other various minutiae make the difference. .
In other words, it is impossible to accurately determine which are the best gaming headsets since acoustic perceptions and comfort are very subjective and therefore change from individual to individual.
We will endeavor to present you the most interesting well-made headphones for an increasing price range.
As easily understood, the higher the price, the higher the constructive and auditory quality.
But first let’s clarify some of the aspects that characterize these devices! Let’s get started right away!
Also Read: How Many Lumens Do I Need For a Projector
Compatibility between PC and console (Xbox and PS4)
First of all, before making a purchase, you need to check the backward compatibility between the various devices on which you are going to use the gaming headphones .
In fact, console headphones are gradually gaining ground in the market these days.
In fact, there are headsets for PS4 , headsets for Xbox and headsets for PC , and it is not certain that they are interchangeable between the various systems to which you connect them.
Sometimes there is a need to even use adapters.
Therefore, our advice is first of all to check the compatibility on the packaging of the gaming headphones .
Sound quality and technical specifications
Unfortunately, these features are more underestimated and forgotten by users who almost always buy the model of gaming headsets they like best.
However, inevitably the sound quality is what makes the difference between a budget headset and a high-end gaming headset .
Beyond the personal perception of sound, there are some basic characteristics to take into consideration, and for this reason we report them briefly below:
- Frequency response : is the range within which the external device reproduces sounds. The higher it is, the more faithful the acoustic reproduction will be. The human ear perceives sounds from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (below these parameters they are called infrasound and ultrasound). A good pair of gaming headphones should cover this portion and hover around the maximum limit.
- Accuracy or acoustic sensitivity: indicates the value in dB of the maximum volume that the device can reach without distorting the sound.
- Impendence: finally, this last value, measurable in Ohm, establishes the sound quality. However, as it increases, the maximum achievable volume will gradually decrease. And how to solve this problem? Just use a similar degree of impedance between the source device (PC or console) and headphones.
- Drivers: are the transducers that convert the electrical signal into sound waves. The larger their size, the better the yield. However, at the expense of the weight of the headphones .
We have briefly seen what information is shown on the boxes of these products.
We remind you to keep them in mind and always check them out when you are buying a pair of gaming headsets .
Let’s now move on to the study of other fundamental variables to keep an eye on!
Also Read: Best Radar Detector Under $200
Input / output method
It is good to remember, although most headphones are now moving towards USB inputs, that there may be two currently widespread standards: the previous one already mentioned and the classic 3.5 mm jack .
The difference basically lies in the fact that if you use a 3.5 mm jack you will not be able to separate the PC audio (for example video games) from the communication audio (if you use any program such as Discord, teamspeak etc.).
Gaming headphones with a USB cable generally have an integrated sound card, unlike those with audio jacks that rely on the card in the PC instead.
All self-respecting gaming headsets today have a microphone .
Playing on the PC has become even more than before an operation that is never done alone (otherwise what good would it be?).
Therefore it is good that the gaming headset also has a good microphone to ensure clear and clear communication.
Many Youtubers for example prefer to buy external microphones (to have a higher quality) but when this is not possible you need to buy a peripheral with a decent microphone.
Generally the best gaming headset microphones have noise canceling technology. It cleans the audio from the usual annoying noise and background whistling.
Others work only when they detect speech or have appropriate echo cancellation technologies.
Microphones typically differ between unidirectional and omnidirectional , which capture sound differently depending on where it is coming from.
Again there are small technical specifications for microphones such as: frequency response , sensitivity and acoustic pressure .
This information may not be of interest to most users and it is for this reason that we move on to the next topic!
Wired or wireless gaming headphones?
Well there seems to be little to say about this. The user generally gets an idea of the use of the headset during gaming sessions from his own experience.
Therefore we will not be the ones to advise you which of the two alternatives is the best. So let’s see the pros and cons.
Cables are usually annoying and get in the way. Yet a wired gaming headset is more performant in the long run.
In fact, it must be taken into account that wireless gaming headphones have a certain autonomy beyond which they must be recharged .
Some of them can be used both wired and wirelessly (to continue using them while charging).
So evaluate autonomy , charging times and above all read some reviews about the product you are interested in if it is not part of this guide.
Not all wirelss gaming headsets are reliable!
It is preferable to avoid buying bluetooth headphones for convenience and performance (signal reception and transmission problems).
Stereo headphones or Dolby Surround 7.1?
Inexpensive gaming headsets typically have stereo sound , meaning with only two channels.
While with high-end gaming headsets, 5.1 and 7.1 dolby surrounds come into play .
These technologies are proven to turn the gaming experience into something phenomenal. They can guarantee this from personal experience.
This technology involves total involvement within your applications.
Listening to music will also be more enjoyable!
Obviously, gaming headphones with Dolby Surround have a virtual technology and therefore emulated since it is not possible to insert a large number of drivers inside such small spaces, which should also be large enough.
Design, Comfort and Controls
Ultimately, before moving on to actual driving, it is also necessary to mention these characteristics, albeit very subjective.
The design , as well as the comfort and the need to have control keys or not are all variable at the user’s discretion.
The BestPc.it team will limit itself to listing the aesthetic characteristics and reporting the impression on comfort that most buyers of a particular product have reported.
It is important in any case that the headphones are comfortable especially since they will have to be used often for many hours and there is also an important aspect to take into consideration: the weight
Obviously this is also a subjective parameter, as is the format :
- On-ear headphones (supra-aural): type of headphones that simply rests on the ear, usually lighter.
- Over-ear headphones (circumaural): type of headphones that completely envelops the ear, generally insulating better from the outside.
Evaluate the possibility of being able to interchange the ear pads of the type of headset you want to buy.
Also check if your headphones are equipped with RGB LEDs that can be controlled via software or programmable keys , macros or for multimedia management.
In some types of gaming headsets there are additional keys to adjust the sound, mute or not the microphone, pause / play keys or simple programmable keys via the manufacturer’s software.
In some cases they could prove useful so consider beforehand if you need to have them.
Best Headphones For Gaming | video Explanation
Best Gaming Headphones • Conclusions
We have seen together which are the best gaming headsets for price ranges.
Among the big brands, the absence of the Razer was noted in the last paragraph since the well-known Man o ‘war headphones have some construction flaws including very low impact resistance and poorly made materials.
However, we have seen together countless very interesting products that can replace the aforementioned brand.
For any doubt or question do not hesitate to comment below in the appropriate section.