When building a PC you usually start with the Processor and the video card. These two components, which are the power generators of our machine, need a solid base on which to operate, a frame on which to be mounted, which puts all the components of the PC in contact with each other and which allows them to function correctly: mother.
The Best White Motherboards is a fundamental component of every gaming PC (and not), it is the basis on which we build our computer, it is what determines any future expansions, ports, and features, but a PC motherboard not optimized for our needs can also reduce the performance of our computer, so the choice should not be taken lightly.
If you’re about to build a gaming computer, don’t rush to buy the most expensive or cheapest white motherboard, motherboards offer dozens of different features but not all of them are useful for a gaming computer. Read and try to understand what you need, in this way you will save time and money.
Best White Motherboards
While motherboards are as sexy as the CPU and GPU, and they are still very important. Therefore, unless you want to rebuild your entire PC from scratch, we recommend that you allocate a generous portion of the budget to get the quality and best white motherboard.
Which motherboard is best for me?
As we said, the motherboard is the foundation of any PC. As such it must offer a stable and reliable foundation upon which to assemble the entire build.
For the average user, motherboards do not directly affect performance. As long as you get a motherboard that matches the other components you select, you can be relatively safe.
Do I need an expensive motherboard?
While the motherboard doesn’t have a direct impact on PC performance it does play an important role in determining which components you can put into your build. The cheaper the motherboard you choose, the more limited you will be.
Inexpensive motherboards usually don’t offer support for CrossFire or SLI; they also have fewer USB ports, don’t sport niche connections (USB-C, M.2, SATA Express), and have little or no overclocking capabilities. And they don’t offer extra features like built-in WiFi and Bluetooth. However, if you’re not planning on using any of this, then you can save quite a bit of money by opting for a basic model.
On the other hand, if you choose a mid to high-end motherboard, in addition to the extra features you can take advantage of right away, you’ll also have plenty of options for a future upgrade – like installing a better (newer) CPU.
In addition, the more expensive the motherboard, the better its support for overclocking and the ability to plug in high-end components.
Best White Motherboards | Comparison Table 2022
|ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 LGA 1200(Intel 11th/10thGen) ATX White Scheme Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 14+2 Power Stages, WiFi 6, Intel 2.5 Gb LAN, Thunderbolt 4, 3X M.2/NVMe SSD, Aura RGB)||ASUS||Check Price|
|NZXT N7 B550 - N7-B55XT-W1 - AMD B550 chipset (Supports AMD Socket AM4 Ryzen CPUs) - ATX Gaming Motherboard - Integrated Rear I/O Shield - WiFi 6 connectivity - White||NZXT||Check Price|
|ASUS ROG Strix B550-A Gaming AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS Flashback, Dual M.2 with heatsinks, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync||ASUS||Check Price|
|GIGABYTE X570S AERO G (AMD/ X570S/ Ryzen 5000/ ATX/PCIe 4.0/ SATA 20Gb/s/USB 3.2/ Motherboard)||Gigabyte||Check Price|
|GIGABYTE B550 Vision D-P (AM4/ AMD/ B550/ ATX/Dual M.2/ SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Type-C/Thunderbolt 3/ WiFi 6/ Dual 2.5GbE LAN/PCIe 4.0/ Motherboard)||Gigabyte||Check Price|
|Segotep CVN B550M Gaming Frozen V14 Gaming Motherboard Micro ATX AM4 AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen Processor/DVI HDMI/ USB3.1/ 2X M.2 Slots/ SATA3.0/ iGame Lighting Control White PCB Motherboard||Segotep||Check Price|
|ASUS ROG Strix B560-A Gaming WiFi LGA 1200 (Intel 11th/10th Gen) ATX Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 8+2 Power Stages, Two-Way Noise Cancelation, WiFi 6, 2.5 Gb LAN, 2xM.2 Slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 USB Type-C)||ASUS||Check Price|
|NZXT N7 Z590 - N7-Z59XT-W1 - Intel Z590 chipset (Supports 11th Gen CPUs) - ATX Gaming Motherboard - Integrated I/O Shield - WiFi 6E connectivity - Bluetooth V5.2 - White||NZXT||Check Price|
|GIGABYTE Z590 Vision G (LGA 1200/Intel Z590/ATX/3x M.2/PCIe 4.0/USB 3.2 Gen2X2 Type-C/2.5GbE LAN/Motherboard)||Gigabyte||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best White Motherboards | 2022 Products Overview
1. ROG Strix Z590-A Best White Motherboards
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14+2 Dr. MOS power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power when pushing CPU performance to the limit
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- High-performance Gaming Networking: Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11 ax), Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
The ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi is a high-performance gaming motherboard from ASUS, designed for 11th and 10th generation Intel Core processors. It features an LGA 1200 socket for maximum performance and is compatible with gaming consoles. This motherboard is equipped with AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking, and AI noise cancelation for a superior gaming experience.
With 14+2 Dr. MOS power stages and a ProCool II power connector, the ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi offers a robust power solution, ensuring reliable power even when pushing the CPU performance to the limit. The motherboard also features high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors.
- Designed for 11th and 10th generation Intel Core processors for maximum performance.
- AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking, and AI noise cancelation for a superior gaming experience.
- Robust power solution with 14+2 Dr. MOS power stages and ProCool II power connector.
- Optimized thermal design with VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert 4 utility.
- High-performance gaming networking with Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11 ax) and Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard.
- May not be compatible with older or non-Intel processors.
- Higher cost compared to some other motherboards on the market.
- Advanced features and options may not be suitable for all users.
2. NZXT N7 B550Best white motherboard 2022
- SMART CONTORLS: The N7 B550 includes key features from our RGB and Fan Controller, allowing intuitive control of four RGB lighting channels and seven fan channels through NZXT CAM.
- STUNNING CRAFTSMANSHIP: The metal cover is available in white or black for a seamless look that blends into the background of any NZXT H Series case for a clean aesthetic.
- BUILD MADE EASIER: The N7’s layout streamlines installation with an integrated rear I/O shield and optimally placed headers for easier setup.
- FEATURES: The N7 B550 includes a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, WiFi 6 connectivity, and utilizes all PCI express lanes available from the CPU and chipset.
- COMPATIBILITY: Supports AMD Socket AM4 Ryzen Processors (3000, 4000, and 5000 Series Processors
The NZXT N7 B 550 is a high-quality ATX gaming motherboard that features the AMD B 550 chipset and supports AMD Socket AM4 Ryzen CPUs. With 4.5 out of 5 stars and 448 ratings, this motherboard is Amazon's Choice for computer motherboards by NZXT. This motherboard is available in white and has a sleek, modern design that is sure to complement any build. The metal cover is available in white or black, offering a seamless look that blends into the background of any NZXT H Series case.
The N7 B 550 includes a range of smart controls, including features from NZXT's RGB and Fan Controller, allowing for intuitive control of four RGB lighting channels and seven fan channels through NZXT CAM. The motherboard also includes a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and WiFi 6 connectivity, making it a great choice for those who demand fast, stable connectivity.
- Supports AMD Socket AM4 Ryzen CPUs
- Integrated Rear I/O Shield for easier setup
- Smart controls for RGB lighting and fan channels
- WiFi 6 connectivity for fast and stable network
- Stunning design with metal cover available in white or black.
- Higher price compared to other motherboards
- May not be compatible with older computer components
- Some users may find the setup process to be more difficult.
3. ASUS ROG Strix B550-A
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 12+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- High-performance Gaming Networking: 2.5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.1([email protected]) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4.0 x4 connectivity, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 header
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Cancelling Mic Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- DIY-friendly design: Includes pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS FlashBack, Q-LEDs, and SafeSlot
- Unmatched Personalization: White ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and a Gen 2 addressable RGB header for greater customization
- Renowned software: Intuitive dashboards for UEFI BIOS and ASUS AI Networking make it easy to configure gaming builds
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
The ASUS ROG Strix B 550-A Gaming is a high-performance gaming motherboard designed for use with AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4.0. It is compatible with Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs and provides robust power design with 12 plus 2 DrMOS power stages and high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to ensure reliable performance. This motherboard is perfect for gamers who require a stable and fast system.
This motherboard also features high-performance gaming networking with 2.5 Gb LAN and ASUS LANGuard. Additionally, the best gaming connectivity is provided with support for HDMI 2.1 (4K at 60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, dual M.2 slots with NVMe SSD support, and a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 header.
- Compatible with Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.
- Robust power design for reliable performance.
- High-performance gaming networking with 2.5 Gb LAN and ASUS LANGuard.
- Best gaming connectivity with dual M.2 slots and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port.
- Industry-leading gaming audio and AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- May require an adapter or converter for use in international destinations.
- Limited memory storage capacity of 2.5 GB.
- Higher price compared to other gaming motherboards in the market.
4. GIGABYTE X570S AERO Best budget motherboard
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5th Gen/ 4th Gen/ 3rd Gen/ 2nd Gen Processors
- Dual Channel ECC / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory, 4 DIMMs
- Effective cooling solution design for the better thermal dissipation
- Wi-Fi 6 2x2 802.11ax with an all new antenna support for better signal
- High-bandwidth and low-latency network support by Intel 2.5GbE LAN
The Gigabyte X570S AERO G is a high-performance AMD X570 chipset-based motherboard that is compatible with AMD Ryzen 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd generation processors. The motherboard features a dual channel ECC/Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 memory with support for up to 128GB of RAM. The effective cooling solution design of the X570S AERO G provides improved thermal dissipation, ensuring the stability of your system even during heavy use.
The X570S AERO G also offers advanced connectivity options, including Wi-Fi 6 2x2 802.11ax with an all-new antenna support for improved signal quality, and high-bandwidth and low-latency network support by Intel 2.5GbE LAN. Additionally, the motherboard comes equipped with USB 3.2 ports and SATA 20Gb/s interfaces, offering fast and reliable data transfer speeds.
- Supports a wide range of AMD Ryzen processors.
- Dual channel ECC/Non-ECC DDR4 memory support.
- Effective cooling solution design for improved thermal dissipation.
- Advanced connectivity options including Wi-Fi 6 and 2.5GbE LAN.
- Fast data transfer speeds with USB 3.2 ports and SATA 20Gb/s interfaces.
- May require an adapter or converter for use in countries with different electrical outlets and voltage.
- Only compatible with personal computers.
- No operating system included.
5. GIGABYTE B550 Vision
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5000 Series / 3rd Gen Ryzen and 3rd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors
- Reliability ensured by DDR4 ECC & Non-ECC memory with 4 physical DIMM slots
- Multi-graphics configurations offered by dual PCIe 4.0/3.0 x16, and one PCIe 3.0 x16 slots
- Fully Quadro QVL Tested, limitless connectivity by Thunderbolt 3
- High-bandwidth and low-latency network support by dual 2.5GbE Ethernet
The GIGABYTE B 550 Vision D-P is a high-performance computer motherboard compatible with AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors. It features a Socket AM4 design and is built with DDR4 memory technology, ensuring reliability and performance. The motherboard is designed with a B 550 chipset and supports a memory speed of 5000 MHz. The GIGABYTE B 550 Vision D-P is a perfect choice for high-end gaming PCs and workstations, with its dual PCIe 4.0/3.0 x16 and one PCIe 3.0 x16 slots providing multi-graphics configurations.
In addition to its powerful performance, the GIGABYTE B 550 Vision D-P is also equipped with a variety of connectivity options. It features dual 2.5GbE Ethernet for high-bandwidth and low-latency network support and Thunderbolt 3 for limitless connectivity. The motherboard is fully Quadro QVL tested and is compatible with Windows 10 operating system.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors.
- Reliability ensured by DDR4 memory technology.
- Offers multi-graphics configurations.
- Limitless connectivity with Thunderbolt 3.
- High-bandwidth and low-latency network support with dual 2.5GbE Ethernet.
- May require an adapter or converter for use in some countries.
- Some users may find the product challenging to set up.
- Some users have reported compatibility issues with specific hardware components.
6. Segotep CVN B550 M
- Supports AMD Socket AM4 and 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen processors
- 4xSATA3.0 6Gb/s ports; 1xPCI Express 3.0x4 slot，1xPCI Express3.0x1,2xM.2 slots
- CPU fan speed controlled, system fan speed monitor, CPU & system temp monotoring and voltage monitoring.
- Special for gaming enthusiasts and content creator based on excellent performance of Ryzen 3rd Gen chip on CVN B550M White Gaming Motherboard. Its high thermal conductivity materials to enhance the heat dissipation of power, memory and chipsets;
- HIFI audio golden line is effectively reduces high frequency signal noise interference.
- Dual channel DDR4 OC and 4 DIMMs; 245x245mm mATX.
The Segotep CVN B 550M Gaming Frozen V14 Gaming Motherboard is a micro ATX AM4 AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen Processor motherboard. It features a white PCB and is equipped with various ports and slots, including DVI HDMI, USB3.1, 2 M.2 slots, SATA3.0, and iGame Lighting Control. The CPU socket for this motherboard is Socket TR4 and it is compatible with personal computers. The chipset type is AMD B 550 and the memory clock speed is 5000 MHz, with a memory storage capacity of 128 GB. The graphics card interface is PCI Express and there are 2 memory slots available. The S/PDIF connector type is optical.
Please note that products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the United States and may require an adapter or converter for use in other countries. It is important to check compatibility before purchasing. This product has received a 3.3 out of 5-star rating based on 9 reviews and 4 answered questions, but is currently unavailable. The brand is Segotep.
- Micro ATX AM4 compatibility with AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen Processor.
- Features multiple ports and slots including DVI HDMI, USB3.1, 2 M.2 slots, SATA3.0, and iGame Lighting Control.
- High memory clock speed of 5000 MHz with 128 GB storage capacity.
- PCI Express graphics card interface.
- Optimal memory expansion with 2 memory slots available.
- Currently unavailable.
- 3.3 out of 5 star rating based on limited customer reviews.
- Designed for use in the US and may require an adapter for international use.
7. ASUS ROG Strix B560-A Gaming
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Ready for 11th Gen Intel Core, 10th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold and Celeron processors
- Solid Power Solution: Teamed power stages with ProCool power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Smooth Networking: On-board Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11ax) and Realtek 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 output, two M.2 slots and USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 USB Type-C
- DIY Friendly Design: M.2 Q-Latch, pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS FlashBack and Q-LED
The ASUS ROG Strix B560-A Gaming WiFi is a top-of-the-line ATX motherboard designed for gaming and high-performance computing. It features an Intel LGA 1200 socket that is compatible with 11th and 10th generation Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors. The motherboard has a solid power solution that is capable of supporting multi-core processors, thanks to its teamed power stages with ProCool power connector, high-quality alloy chokes, and durable capacitors.
The networking capabilities of the ASUS ROG Strix B560-A Gaming WiFi are smooth and reliable, with the on-board Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11ax) and Realtek 2.5 Gb Ethernet, combined with the ASUS LANGuard technology. In terms of connectivity, the motherboard offers the best gaming experience, with support for HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 output, two M.2 slots, and USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 USB Type-C.
- Compatible with 11th and 10th generation Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors.
- Solid power solution for multi-core processors.
- On-board Intel WiFi 6 AX201 and Realtek 2.5 Gb Ethernet for smooth networking.
- Supports HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 output, two M.2 slots and USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 USB Type-C.
- DIY-friendly design with M.2 Q-Latch and pre-mounted I/O shield.
- It may require an adapter or converter for use in countries with different electrical outlets and voltages.
- Some users may find the included WiFi adapter insufficient.
- A limited number of fan headers may not be suitable for high-end builds.
8. NZXT N7 Z590
- SMART CONTROLS: The N7 Z590 includes key features from our RGB and Fan Controller, allowing intuitive control of four RGB lighting channels and seven fan channels through CAM.
- STUNNING CRAFTSMANSHIP: The metal cover is available in white or black for a seamless look that blends into the background of any NZXT H Series case for a clean aesthetic.
- BUILDING MADE EASIER: The N7 Z590 includes WiFi 6E connectivity and utilizes all PCI express lanes available from the CPU and chipset.
- INTEGRATED REAR I/O SHIELD: The N7’s layout streamlines installation with an integrated rear I/O shield and optimally placed headers for easier setup.
- COMPATIBILITY: For Intel 11th Generation Core i9/ Core i7/ Core i5/ Core i3 Processors
The NZXT N7 Z590 is an ATX gaming motherboard designed for 11th generation Intel Core processors. It features a white color scheme with a metal cover for a seamless look, and is compatible with the NZXT H Series cases for a clean aesthetic. The motherboard includes key features from the RGB and Fan Controller, allowing for easy control of four RGB lighting channels and seven fan channels through the CAM software.
In terms of connectivity, the N7 Z590 includes WiFi 6E and Bluetooth V5.2 for fast and reliable wireless connections. The motherboard also includes an integrated rear I/O shield and optimally placed headers for a streamlined installation process.
- Intuitive control of RGB lighting and fan channels.
- Seamless look with white or black metal cover.
- WiFi 6E and Bluetooth V5.2 connectivity.
- Integrated rear I/O shield for easier setup.
- Compatible with 11th-generation Intel Core processors.
- May require an adapter or converter for international use.
- May not be compatible with non-NZXT H Series cases.
- Higher price point compared to other motherboards.
9. GIGABYTE Z590 Vision G
- Powerful performance support 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core series processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory, 4 DIMMs
- Go further without more cables by VisionLINK I/O design
- High-bandwidth and low-latency network support by Intel 2.5GbE LAN
- Comprehensive connectivity by front and rear USB3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C connectors
The Gigabyte Z590 Vision G is a powerful and feature-rich motherboard designed for the LGA 1200 socket and compatible with 10th and 11th Generation Intel Core processors. It has a chipset type of Intel Z590 and supports Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory with a maximum capacity of 128 GB. The motherboard also offers excellent connectivity options, with front and rear USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C connectors and high-bandwidth and low-latency network support from Intel 2.5GbE LAN.
In addition to its powerful performance capabilities, the Z590 Vision G also has a sleek and innovative design, with the VisionLINK I/O design that helps reduce the need for additional cables. This makes it an excellent choice for users who are looking for a compact and efficient setup. The motherboard also offers comprehensive connectivity options and supports a wide range of storage options with 3 M.
- Compatible with 10th and 11th Generation Intel Core processors.
- Supports Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory with a maximum capacity of 128 GB.
- Excellent connectivity options with front and rear USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C connectors.
- Intel 2.5GbE LAN for high-bandwidth and low-latency network support.
- Sleek and innovative design with VisionLINK I/O design to reduce cable need.
- No mention of GPU support.
- No mention of audio capabilities.
- Only 3 M.2 slots for storage options.
White Gaming Motherboard: How to choose it
On the market, you can find dozens of motherboard models. These motherboards as well as for the brand differ in various features, functionality and compatibility. The processor and features we are looking for will narrow down the number of compatible models.
Now let's see an overview of what are the factors that help us understand how to choose a motherboard, below you will find the topics properly detailed one by one.
Processor: The first fundamental feature to check is the compatibility with the processor around which we have decided to create our system. The processor chosen will tell us which Socket and which chipset to look for in our MOBO (MotherBoard).
Case and Form Factor: Once we understand which cards are compatible with our processor we will have to decide the case of our PC. Depending on the size of the case we will be able to install motherboards with different Form Factors inside. Depending on the factor chosen, the motherboard will have dimensions and slots to install different expansion cards and RAM.
The number of slots and ports: When deciding on the case and form factor, you need to take into consideration how many PCIe expansion slots (inserts for video cards, audio etc) we need and how many USB, SATA ports, etc.
RAM slot: The card also affects the number of spaces in which to install RAM memories that we will have available. Smaller form factors have two RAM slots, the larger ones go up to 8, ideal for a gaming computer is having 4.
Video Outputs: Speaking of gaming PCs, this is quite irrelevant, as it is assumed that you install a dedicated video card for gaming and that you will then use the video outputs of the card.
White Gaming Motherboard: Processor Compatibility
The first big and fundamental distinction to be made when choosing the MOBO is related to the processor. Depending on the processor we will be able to choose only some motherboards.
With the evolution of processors and their technology, manufacturers have had to create motherboards that support them, thus making the MOBO market ever larger and more complex.
The three processor-related factors that will lead us to choose one card over another are:
- Manufacturer: Intel or AMD
- Socket: Each processor has a reference socket
- Chipset: These are the features of the card
Intel or AMD processor
The first distinction is given by the manufacturer. Depending on whether you have chosen a system based on one of the two manufacturers, you will need to choose a card designed specifically for that manufacturer.
The two technologies are not interchangeable with each other and often there is a version of the same motherboard for both brands even if the sockets and chipsets are different.
Another key factor to check before buying the card is that the socket matches our processor. The CPU socket is nothing more than the cavity in which we are going to install the processor. With the evolution of processors often the connection system has been modified, for this reason, motherboard manufacturers have had to adapt the processor housing by implementing new connection systems in the cards.
Simplifying the question, we can say that the difference between one socket and another is related to the size of the processor and the arrangement and number of PINs (pins/contacts) that the processor has, and therefore the number of holes that the socket must have to connect. these pins to the rest of the motherboard.
The processor socket you have chosen can be found on the manufacturer's website, here are two examples:
On the Intel site, you will need to search for the model on the site using the internal portal search. Once you have chosen the processor, at the bottom, in the specifications section you will find the supported socket item.
The same goes for AMD too, search the site and select your processor. When you are at the page dedicated to the chosen model, click on " specifications " and under Package you will find the socket of your processor.
Alternatively, GigaByte offers on its website a practical tool that allows you to find the relevant socket by entering the processor manufacturer and model or, on the contrary, by inserting the socket and chipset, it allows you to find the supported processors.
If the socket is related to the physical connection of the processor to the motherboard, the chipset instead should be considered as a standard of specifications that motherboards offer.
Each chipset offers different functions and consequently buying a motherboard that supports that chipset guarantees to find these functions. Here is an example of a chipset, specifically the AMD ROG Strix Z590-A.
Below, you will find our ranking of the best white motherboards on the market. Whether you're looking for an Intel or AMD motherboard (make sure it has the right socket and chipset), budget or premium, ATX or mini-ITX, there's one that's perfect for you.
To make things easier we have split this guide into two parts, listing the best Intel motherboards first and the best AMD motherboards second.
Leave a Reply