To play with family or friends, or to train to become the world’s number one, there are many reasons to buy the best ping pong table.
However, these are all different from each other, and they do not all have the same utility. If you are reading my article, then I bet you already know that the ping pong is the perfect game to burn thousands of calories and stay healthy.
By following my advice, you will find the best table tennis table in your eyes, which will allow you to have fun and take care of your fitness in the best conditions.
My intention to help you compare and choose the right ping pong table whether it’s indoor or outdoor, cheap or expensive, beginner or professional, bestselling or top rated, I will try my best to cover all the essential component that’s you need to know before making any decision.
There are a ton of model available, the award-winning brands like Stiga, Butterfly, Joola & Kettler are trending now a day in the market.
So the question arises here that what is best ping pong table?..!
keep reading this article till the end you will find all the answer and queries related to table tennis tables.
What is the ping pong table?
Perhaps, table tennis or ping pong is one of the exciting types of sports entertainment, which has no age limit, both adults and children love this sport. The primary attribute of this sport is the ping pong table. The ping pong table can be foldable or not with surface composite material or particle board.
The playing surface shall be 2.74m long, 1.525m wide and shall be 76cm above the ground, divided transversely into two halves by a net. The table surface surrounded by a white band and each half-table are itself split in two by a white band of 3 millimeters which is only used in the service in the case of the duplicate game.
By playing table tennis, you can improve the speed of movement, develop the rate of reaction and the prediction of the actions of your opponent. Moreover, this sport improves operational thinking.
Out table tennis specialist have spent 32 hours to collect the facts of over 15 different models and composed customer and players reviews, collect online data and in-person interviews and then convert the research into a complete guide.
In this article, we will present our research on the ten best ping pong tables so you can make a good choice. So let’s take a look at the different models listed below, we will talk about the various essential component later in the Buyer’s Guide section of this article.
Best Ping Pong Table 2022 | Comparison Chart
Let’s browse our selection of table tennis tables
|Product Name||Weight (Pounds)||Surface||Price $$|
|JOOLA inside 15 (Editor’s Choice)||200||15 mm|
|STIGA Advantage (Recommended)||190||16 mm|
|STIGA XTR Outdoor Table||178||6 mm|
|JOOLA NOVA DX||144||6 mm|
|STIGA Space Saver||81||16 mm|
|Butterfly Easifold||205||22 mm|
|JOOLA Rally TL||190||18 mm|
|Butterfly Centerfold||280||25 mm|
|Kettler Axos 1||130||22 mm|
Best Ping Pong Table | 2022 Products Overview
1. JOOLA inside 15 Best Ping Pong Table (Editor’s Choice)
The Joola Inside ping pong table comes at the top of our reviews list because of its features and covers everything you want, like the trusted brand, the quality, the smoothness, the design & the price.
The table assembly is remarkably fast all you required is fitting and jerking about eight bolts. The design is a study & professional. It is built to standard tournament dimension and has 15 mm thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) playing surface give some solemn bounce.
The durable frame is made of rubber levellers for guaranteeing an always-level playing surface. The legs are made from robust steel measure 1.5 inches wide for extra support along with the powder-coated undercarriage to evade oxidize.
The significant feature of this table is ‘Play sole’ means you can still play ping pong if you don’t have a partner by merely utilizing the two-piece design and unfold one half while leaving the other vertical.
If you are worried about its storage, I clear you that it doesn’t fold away for compact storage but you can split the table into two pieces and can store separately. The price of Joola Inside is tremendous and you buy this under $350
It reacted well, stood up to some solid, ascribing shorts and fired off some puzzling spins. In our test, we found that the bounce was unvarying across the whole table.
Suggestion: The table tennis table is recommended for beginner to expert level, and perfect for indoor, home office or community center.
- You can play ping pong without partner by unfold the the half piece of table.
- Dual-trolley system for portability along with anti-tilting locking devices and four bolting caster wheels for safety.
- It has 1.5 inch wide apron
- Its come with Tournament grade Net
- The 15 mm fiberboard MDF surface provide massive bounce
- Solid frame and steel legs with height adjusters to ensure a level playing surface
- Approved by IFFT & Eurpoian Union Security Regulation for Children safety
- Essay to assemble with no hassle.
- Light weight
- USATT approved
2. STIGA Advantage - Folding Ping Pong Table
If you are looking for a decent value but resilient table tennis table then Stiga Advantage is the trending table available on the market. It has 16 mm thick playing surface top with high density MDF construction, you can expect the ball to be a decent bounce. The unique chassis design looks professional and quality is recognizable, higher standard and look worthy then its price.
It has 3-inch lockable casters on this table to help it stick out on the floor; it has adjustable feet with rubber levellers to protect your floor from scratches. The adjustable tournament-grade net is prepared flawlessly from premium cotton-blend and measures 72 inches crosswise. Playback Position allows you to practice without your partner. The table is easy to assemble in a few minutes and ready for playing ping pong.
Suggestion: It is recommended for the intermediate to expert players to improve their skill level
- It has 16mm thick Dark Blue Tabletop with Silkscreen Striping
- It has a spring-loaded safety latch system so your table won’t open suddenly
- It has 1.5 inch Steel Self-Opening Legs with rubber legs leveller protect your floor
- It has 3 inch Black Casters that can help you easily roll the table halves over surfaces for convenient movability.
- All 8 wheel have a Locks system and added safety
- It has 1.5 inch welded steel tube style aprons to certify the top remains flat and reliable over time
- No hassle storage; Occupy space by nesting together the table halves in the ultra-compact storage position
- Tournament ready table with a very flat surface for fast play
- Truly solid and weighty
3. STIGA XTR - Best Outdoor Ping Pong Table
If you are looking for an outdoor table tennis for recreational purpose then STIGA XTR is suitable for you. Its waterproof feature and smooth playing surface make it unique from all the other outdoor ping pong tables. The Structure and design of XTR are sophisticated and professional looking.
It has 6 mm thick playing surface with 9 feet long and 5 feet wide gives slight bounce and beneficial for practice or gathering around a few friends for some multiplayer fun.
The legs are made up of stimulated steel with a welded cross brace for ultimate stability and adjustable rubber leveller to create level playing surface. This blue table has a very bright and robust frame with an accessible transportation system in the casters.
If you are bothered about its storage, I want to tell you that the table is foldable and don’t take huge space to store. It has a Safety Latch System that can be used to lock the two halves in place. It is the best outdoor ping pong table under $500.
Suggestion: It is recommended for novice to advanced level players and outdoor use.
- All Weather Aluminum table top, water proof.
- It has 1.25″ Steel Legs with Levelers for the smooth level playing surface
- Quickly assembled, just take 10 minutes
- Its 3” lockable ball-bearing wheels
- It has 6mm thick playing surface which is thinner than most leisure household tables
- It has a 72-inch exterior grade Net with string tension adjustment
- Water proof , rust free and Resistant to sun damage
- It has a Tubular steel apron
4. JOOLA NOVA DX - Weatherproof Ping Pong Table
The JOOLA NOVA DX table tennis table is designed to play indoors as well as outdoors. Otherwise, you will find the weather resistance of outdoor tables and the playability of an indoor table.
This technology uses specially treated, a high-density aluminum-plastic composite surface that resists water while ensuring the true rebound of an indoor table. Many users have pointed out that this table holds up well to the humidity of the warmer southern regions, which is not a norm for many aluminum plastic items.
The Design of Nova DX is startling and professional. The table frame is well-made. The Tabletop is a hard-wearing 6mm thick aluminum plastic composite surface give you a decent bounce, it has heavy-duty 3-inch wheels, and adjustable leveling feet make this table well-matched with almost any land.
It can be easily assembled at your fingertips and can take tiny space for storage.
- All-Weather Table with weatherproof classic screw clamp net set.
- The surface is easily adjustable almost on every terrain
- The table can be split into two pieces; each piece has a four-wheel trolley system that make it easy portability and playback for solo practice, also its help to save storage space.
- It has automatic anti-tilting locks for safety purpose
- Resistant to warping and chipping
- Compact storage and portability
- The adjustments of the legs is not good
5. STIGA Space Saver - Cheapest Ping Pong Table
If you are tight in budget and also want to enjoy ping pong with your family and friends I recommend you to buy STIGA space table, it is definitely one of the cheapest table tennis table available on the market but has a decent built quality and best for small spaces.
Its 16 mm thick & smooth MDF tabletop offers a similar bounce and playability and level playing surface as full-sized STIGA tables. Its 1.25” Steel Legs make a solid base adjust the table tight and certify an impeccably flat play surface with ready-made Leg Levelers protect your floor from scratches.
It has a 1.25” joined tubular steel finished with white powder coating apron that supports the top for even bounce the whole tabletop diagonally. This table also contains a 38.5” durable net and post set with string tension adjustment
If you are worried about its storage, I want to explain here that the table has two halves to be separated entirely. Its allow you to stored together.
- It has level playing surface and is lined with silkscreen striping that is printed directly on the tabletop for a perfect finish.
- It has repeat roller coat process
- It has 1.25 inches steel apron with silkscreened STIGA logo for a sturdy and trendy look
- Its come with 38.5” Net and Post Set
- It has Leg Levelers for a balanced playing surface
- This is the best ping pong table you can buy under 200
- No assembly required, just unpack, unfold & play
- Flexibility and compact storage
- Great for Small Spaces and apartments
- Inexpensive ping pong table
- You can called it a mini table tennis table
- No wheels in the leg
6. Butterfly Easifold -
Butterfly Easifold is most professional table tennis table at a very reasonable price. The table has the standard measures of the competition tables, only differs from these in the thickness of the boards, the tables used in the championships are 25 mm thick, however the one we are evaluating is 22 mm, the difference in thickness will influence the rebound but it is enough thickness Producing a good bounce and performance. This table to spend some good times at home is more than enough for a very affordable price.
The top is protected by a sturdy steel level frame, the Perfect level playing surface is guarantee with outer legs are adjustable. Butterfly Easifold has wheels with the braking system, it will help us transport it from one room to another with the minimum effort, once folded it will occupy little space, and we can quickly deploy it, only one person can do this work without any problem. When wrapped apart from the brakes that give us enough security, it is equipped with a rope between the boards to prevent it from opening by accident.
Suggestion: Recommended for indoor use, home, school, expert level
- It can be easily split into two halves; each half have four independent wheels
- It has a Double locking system to prevent the table from opening or closing accidentally
- The popular feature of the table is playback facility, by one half can be set to a storage position to provide an opportunity for extra practices.
- The butterfly clip net set is provided this includes a rubber cover of the clamp to avoid damage to the center of the table
- Easy movement and storage, Economically store two halves fold together
- The table is available in extra choice blue & green services with matching line silver legs
- 3 year warranty
7. JOOLA Rally TL
If you want me to choose the top ping pong table I will go for JOOLA Rally TL because of its limitless features. The design of this beast is ultra-sleek and Stylish. The Charcoal Table Top having 18mm thick surface produce exceptional bounce. The silk screened white striping is printed unswervingly on the table top.
The glossy frame is steadily manufactured, and distinct nesting halves make this table perfect for solo play and compressed storage.
It has 3-inch locking caster to ensure immovability while playing and protection when putting away in garage/store.
Durable powder-coated steel legs also brace it with rubber leg levelers that save your floors scratch-free and empower custom height adjustments for an entirely level playing surface.
Suggestion: Recommended for recreational players & all skill level and indoor use.
- It has professional-grade MDF (medium density fiberboard) surface provide reliable ball bounce.
- Safety Latch system on underneath of the table to avoid your table from opening suddenly
- It has 1.5 inches of tube aprons which support to offer an even bounce diagonally the whole table surface.
- The 2 halves of this table can be used for solo practice and compact storage
- It has 4 corner ball holders and two magnetic abacus scorers making it a prodigious, modish addition to any home
- Dual safety anti-tilting locking devices
- Artistry for a great price
- Extraordinary Quality & Easy Assembly
- ITTF approved equipment
8. Butterfly Centerfold Rollaway (Expensive)
If you want to enjoy your table tennis over a long period of time I recommend you to buy butterfly centerfold, I know it’s expensive one but it’s worth what you paid for. This is the best ping pong full size table and tournament ready, delivered in pre-assembled condition you don’t even screw the single bolts.
It has ITTF approved 25mm thick table top scratch-less surface which provides a relentless and unswerving bounce.
The design is fantastic and classy, the fold and roll feature with latch system grip the table in a secure position. The adjustable feet on 4 of outer legs offer a level playing surface and consistency.
Its 5-inch rubber wheels make movability easy also it has locking wheels fortifies the table during play.
The Centrefold boiler has been selected for various significant events such as the Manchester World Champions and ITTF Pro Tour 1997 finals.
Suggestion: Recommended for heavy duty game table designed for clubs, sports centers, and international match use.
- It has 5 Inch Locking Rubber Wheels
- It has a strong steel frame & solid construction.
- Its 25 mm thick table scratch proof surface that produces an insane bounce.
- You don’t need to worry about its storage it has fold and roll system that saves space.
- It has two halves; each half has large and robust wheels for more comfortable transportation and long life.
- You don’t need to spend money on an assembly service, it’s come preassembled
- The table is delivered with our two-man delivery service, No Assembly Required
- Easier fold & transportation
- Suitable for wheelchair users
- Made in Germany
- Tournament grade table an IFFT Approved
- Approved by Eurpoian Union Security Regulation for Children safety
- 5 Year Warranty
9. Kettler Axos 1 - Best Rated Ping Pong Table
The Kettler brand has range of table tennis tables but we have choose Axos 1 here because of their features and marked best rated by the buyers. The design of look stunning and proficient and you can't worn out that decent German engineering and quality!
The Kettler Axos 1 is Outdoor table tennis sturdy enough to survive the blazing sun-rays of North America, as well as the snow and rain of Chicago winters!
The aluminum table tennis top is 22 mm thick provide bounce as just right as professional table tennis table. The legs are stable enough to grip the table top and underneath carriage stable under most situations.
The Safety-Fold mechanism lets you fold one side up for gapless solo play to practice by yourself and master the perfect spin shot. Is it very convenient to store with its Foldable halves, It also has a dual Lever Safety Fold for Flat and unfailing folding and prevents accidental closing or opening?
Suggestion: This Table is recommended for outdoor use and can be used by beginner to tournament level players.
- Used pioneering technology in the development of weather resistant
- The warp-resistant design utilizes Alu-Tec Climate-Control, which controls expansion/contraction due to weather changes
- It is furnished with 2x Dual Wheeled Casters for easy carrying
- Very strong welded, the welding procedure is fully automated by our high-precision robot arms
- Electrotherm Powder Coating to prevent it from chipping
- Weather resistance
- Accurate Tournament Bounce
- Tested To Excellence
- Manufactured in Germany
- longevity and durability
10. Cornilleau 250S
This is the last but not the least ping pong table in our list is Cornilleau brand. The design and Structure is very classy and robust. This model has a resin laminate surface of 5 mm which offers the great bounce and hard impenetrable playing surface that indoor & outdoor tables have.
The galvanized steel is used in the construction of the table frame, it had animated steel legs with leg levelers and encapsulated in resin for improved stability.
It has large wheels in the middle generate a frame that supports carrying too. Each of the wheels has a dual design with a hard-wearing and notched footstep.
Suggestion: This is the best Table you can buy under 1000
- Weight less and easier to move
- You can used it both indoor & outdoor
- A permanent weather-resistant polyester net system with tension and height adjustment
- Light weight
- 10 years warranty on materials & workmanship
- Table requires assembly
Best Ping Pong Table Buyer’s Guide
Are you a hobby player or a professional? Or are you an ambitious hobby player with more experience? Here we advise you to judge yourself as best you can, before buying a table tennis table. Because before you buy an indoor or an outdoor ping pong table, you should definitely be aware of what your intentions are.
Say you want to challenge your kids in the summer too hot table tennis parties and duel with friends on beautiful summer afternoons. In this case, an outdoor waterproof table tennis table is recommended.
Of course, it is also possible to train professionally with an outdoor table tennis table.
The purchase also includes other factors that you should not lose sight of. -To fulfil this, we recommend you to pay attention to a few essential points before buying a table tennis table.
1. Table Dimension
The most important thing before buying a ping-pong table is going to be the place where you will be located. These folded tables occupy a total of 55 cm wide, 152 cm long and 185 cm high.
Once we have deployed the table, we need at least 5 meters long and at least 3 meters wide to play comfortably, so as not to have to bump into furniture and walls continuously.
In many cases, we do not want to have the table placed to play continuously, occupying a space that we may need for another use. It is convenient to find a table that can be folded, taking up as little space as possible. It is also necessary that the table is equipped with wheels to move it quickly, if the wheels also have a break, much better, to prevent it from moving when it is in use.
2. Surface Thickness
Some players argue that it is only worth buying ping-pong tables with a thickness of 25 mm. While it is true that these tables provide a good pot of the ball, the charts with 15 mm or 19 mm board offer a correct boat and difficult to find differences for players who are not professionals, thus saving good money.
So I would recommend a table with 15mm boards unless we have also mentioned the 25mm table for little price increase.
Federated players of table tennis probably prefer a table with a 25 mm board so they can train on boards of the same thickness as those played in official tournaments.
3. Strength of Frame
Make sure that the table tennis table that you are going to buy has a good structure and steel frame, it will probably have a good spanking during the next few years, and you will need something that is well made to survive a tough deal. This is especially important if you have children since they are not likely to treat tables with adult care.
Look for a net with accessories that have a soft cover where it attaches to the table so as not to scratch the surface. Also, make sure that the clamps of the network do not enter the surface or the bottom of the table.
The assembly of a ping pong table can be straightforward; some high-end can get them already mounted. But since we are thinking of an economical table, suitable for all budgets, we will look for a table that includes a detailed instruction manual that says exactly how to assembled it and double check to make sure you have the tools you need to assemble it.
6. Brand & Safety Features
Is the brand of the ping pong table significant? Not really, you have to make sure that it is a prestigious brand and that it offers the minimum guarantees. In our comparison list, we have added award-winning brands of table tennis table. These brands meet the safety standards, and the table can be folded, unfolded or tipped easily.
Also, they offer a product warranty that the plus point was choosing these brands.
7. Interior or Exterior
This is an important decision since outdoor ping pong tables are noticeably more expensive than the indoor equivalent. This is because those on the outside require a special board that can get wet and that can stand without disturbing sunlight. Generally, indoor ones can be used outdoors and stored inside the house when they are not used.
Indoor vs Outdoor Ping Pong Table
Competitive ping pong is played on indoor tables, but a sunny day in good weather and dry is a good sport to practice with friends or family outdoors. Any table can be used outdoors for a short period, if it is going to be often used, we should consider a table with the correct exterior specifications.
The tables prepared for outdoor use are more robust, with galvanised steel legs. This is to give weight to the table against the wind. The playing surface is made to resist in the open, avoid damage by water and deformation by the sun. Outdoor tables, as a rule, tend to be more expensive than indoor tables, some cheaper models are made with a thinner playing surface or materials that are more resistant against the elements.
Why you need Ping Pong Table
Ping Pong Table FAQs
Buy a best ping pong table that suits your needs without being dazzled by the features offered by manufacturers. Unless you are a table tennis professional, an economic line table will meet all the requirements, although from here we recommend not going for the cheapest one of all, you can pick one from our selected list because we have done in-depth research and presented the best possible table tennis table and also read the buyer’s guide to make the best buying decision.
We recommend you to choose the one that complies with the European Union's security regulations, especially if they are going to be used by children.
Leave a Reply